Slime consists of a glue base and activating agents.
Basis: UHU Glue Pen
Activating agent: Contact lens fluid (combined solution) + sodium bicarbonate
Our UHU Glue Pen is perfectly suitable for the production of slime and has been dermatologically tested for skin compatibility. The glue chemically reacts with the contact lens fluid + sodium bicarbonate which causes the slime to become elastic. The combination of contact lens fluid and sodium bicarbonate is suitable for coloured as well as transparent slime, since it does not cause the slime to change colour.
- If you use Glowing Powder to make the slime, make sure that the powder is suitable for application on the skin.
- The first step is to carry out a skin tolerance test on a small part of the body. If you have any kind of allergic reaction, we strongly advise against using the powder.
- Special attention: Orange colour pigment can contain calcium sulphide, which means it can be irritant. In this case, it is not suitable for making slime.
Tips & tricks
- After use, store the slime in an air-tight container (preserving jar, jam jar, etc.) so that it does not dry out. Label the container!
- Apply some hand cream to your hands before kneading, so the Slime does not stick.
- If Slime is too sticky, add more contact lens fluid until it has the desired consistency.
- Slime can be washed out with warm water and soap.
- Thoroughly wash your hands after making and handling Slime.
- Thoroughly clean the working surface, containers and tools, etc. after use.
- Children should be attended when making Slime.
- Slime is not suitable for eating; avoid contact with eyes and airways!
- Store Slime out of reach of small children and pets.